Science, Technology and Society Biennial Conference
Disasters, Controversy and Public Engagement
Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Oct 1st~4th, 2015
APSTSN is pleased to announce its biennial conference, to be held in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Oct 1st~4th, 2015.
Registration OPEN!!! Early Bird price applies until 8/20
Registration for 2015 APSTSN Conference is finally OPEN! Please visit the website to register and pay.
We offer the Presenter Early Bird price 6,800 TWD until August 20th, after that it’s 7,500 TWD. All the presenter are kindly requested to register by August 31st to be included in the final program. We also offer Audience price at 3,400 TWD and student audience price at 620 TWD. Please share this message to your colleagues and students.
2015 APSTSN Conference at a Glance:
1. 120+ papers from 16 countries. Co-holding with EASTS journal conference.
2. Keynote Speakers: Tadashi Kobayashi from Japan, Indigenous Research from Australia, and Kuei-Tien Chou from Taiwan.
3. STS Fair, an open form exhibit to showcase your STS practices without writing them into papers. Publication and books are welcome too.
4. The banquet will be held outdoor with a Transformer truck-stage. We have invited renowned folk singer Lin, Sheng Xiang to perform. If you have a show, please contact us so we can add you to the list. (950 TWD for Banquet)
5.We provide an STS PAPAGO booklet for your self-guided tour to visit STS related sites in Kaohsiung City. In addition, we have team up with a quality travel agency to provide selected self-paying one-day tour programs as your options to explore Kaohsiung vicinity and other part of Taiwan.
6. Presenters and audience (exclude student audience) will receive a Taiwanese style schoolbag with conference logo. Perfect for your STS style!
1. go to https://apstsn.tw-sts.org/registration_form to fill in information and SUBMIT. (Presenter has to fill in the form too.)
2. If you have a Taiwanese bank account, please see the bank transfer information at https://apstsn.tw-sts.org/payment to pay, then go to https://apstsn.tw-sts.org/taiwan_bank_accounts to give bank information for us to verify.
3. For delegates from other countries, go to https://apstsn.tw-sts.org/payment and hit the Payment via Paypal to pay with credit card.
Please direct your question to conference email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward in seeing you in Taiwan.